Here are some practical tips that may be helpful in preparing for your visit to our clinics/centres. Please check with the front counter of the relevant clinic for more information on any necessary preparation, if any.
- Please attend your appointment on time. The checkup registration counter will be open as
KL Medical Clinic:
Monday – Friday
9am – 6pm
9am – 1pm
- Please fast for at least 8 hours before the check-up. Plain water is allowed.
- No alcohol drinks at least 24 hours prior to appointment as drugs and alcohol may affect some tests.
- Avoid staying up late as lack of sleep has been known to affect blood glucose and blood pressure levels and can influence other tests as well.
- You may continue your regular medication such as medication for hypertension, fits, heart problem and asthma (bring along your inhaler) during the appointment. Check with your doctor if it would be possible for you to postpone your routine morning medication until your blood sample is taken.
- Please DO NOT take your diabetic medicine on the morning of your check-up day. Please bring along the medicine with you as you may take it after all the fasting procedures are completed.
- Please DO NOT wear jewelry as it may be inconvenient during X-ray procedures and other tests.
- If you have been scheduled an ultrasound scan, make sure you drink several glasses of water before the scan as a full bladder creates a convenient path for the ultrasonic waves in the scan.
Reminder for females
- Not have vaginal sex for two days before your pap smear test.
- Not use tampons, vaginal creams or medicines, birth control foams or jellies, lubricants or douches for at least two days before the test.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are pregnant, possibly pregnant or having menses.